Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spelling Bee


CR participated in class spelling bee a week ago and got 2nd place. He lost on the word "liverwurst". The top 3 from the class got to go to the School competition.

Then on Friday he competed against 4th-6th graders. He got some challenging words and it seemed like I was more nervous than he was. But he WON! We were surprised! Not that we thought he couldn't do it. We just thought the competition would be stiffer (he's a 4th grader after all!) We were so happy for him. Now he gets to go to the semi-finals and compete with half of the district. I hope I can handle it. I know he'll do great!

2 comments:

PinkiMimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Way to go.

I have a good life said...

Wow...way to go, CR! Kalina gets to be in her school Bee on Friday (She also made it from the 4th grade one)! I am nervous for her, but she is super excited. Our twin cousins are still twins!