Monday, April 6, 2009

Texas Vacation (The Stockyards+)

Monday

Dr. J closed the clinic so he could hang out with us for the day.


We went to the Stockyards.



The kids went in a fun maze. We did a little souvenier shopping.




And we saw the cattle run!


After that we went to "Fiesta" to buy a few things that are not sold in Gringo Land.Then we went to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving to see how money is made. Wow! Amazing to see how much money is made every day! We wanted a sample but they said "no". (They wouldn't let us take pictures.)

After that we went to a Salvadorian Restaurant and had yummy pupusas and stuff. There was a Panaderia Guatemalteca across the street and we went over to buy some very authentic bread. We rented some movies but only saw part of one cause we were all too tired!

2 comments:

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

Looks like a blast!!! I need your address to send you an invite to my baby shower!

I have a good life said...

Wow! A post...of course...what do I see when I log on....hmmmm. It is okay, I guess I will see pictures like that forever. We LOVED having you here! I can't believe it has just been a month. It feels like years since so much has happened.