Thursday, October 13, 2016

Till We Meet Again (Carina's Farewell)

Carina got to speak in Sacrament on Fast Sunday cause otherwise she would have been speaking like a month before. She did an amazing job on her talk! Wow! We got compliments from everyone. She was just so real in explaining to everyone how she came the the decision to serve a mission. 

Following are some pictures of the luncheon at our house afterwards:








Group picture. We were lucky that Yvonne and her family were in Utah this weekend so we got to see them and they got to be here for this special day.






Carina with her best friend Blair.

FHE/Kailee's birthday dinner. Kailee wanted to go out to eat Indian food. This was one of our last times all together as a family for at least 18 months but most likely more since when Carina comes home Cee Ryle will be gone. Ahhh I love my family!

I know random picture, but I did this often just to have more pictures of my cute girl!

I always get all emotional when I see that my daughters give up what they love for the Lord and for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I think it's because I know that this is something that they will miss but they are willing to sacrifice all. I'm so proud of them! (Ignore the boy in the background!)

The packing!


It's real! It's really happening! We are taking her to the MTC!!! 


Lunch before the MTC at Zupas. Blair is like family. 

In the car (our last few moments as a family for a while)

Otto and Rosario (grandparents)

Alex and Courtney (cousins)

Annie and Jenner (cousins)

Blair (best friend)


Kailee (sister)
Cee Ryle (brother)
Gracie (sister)
Us (parents)


Our family minus Hermana Brown.

Family hug!!!

Only one care allowed into the MTC. What were we to do? We all want to go in! Ok let's just all pile in the van!
This is it...
Final hugs! 



God be with you till we meet again Sister Brown! (One of her favorite hymns)

She's so prepared and ready to go out and share the truths of the Book of Mormon! I am so proud of Carina. She will be an amazing missionary and I will be praying for her every single day! Heavenly Father gave her to me for a while and now I am happy to have the opportunity to share her with the people of Redlands California!

No comments: