Thursday, April 12, 2007

New Phase


This is a new phase in my life. My sunshine today comes from my precious baby G. After waiting for many years we were finally able to have another baby. We feel extremely blessed to have her in our family. Our youngest is 7 and so I have gone back to being a SAHM after working outside of the home for a while. At first it was a hard adjustment. Especially because G did not want to be layed down and I felt like I could get nothing done. Now she is on a pretty good schedule. I am so happy I made the decision to stay home with her.


We named her G after her great grandmother on my side who passed away the same year that G was born. My grandmother is such a wonderful example to me of a Christlike person. Although she did not have much she was always so charitable to others. I was priviledged to grow up only a few blocks away from her house in Guatemala and I saw her regularly. From my point of view she sacrificed everything to make us happy. If I can be a little bit like her I will feel like I have succeeded in life.


We blessed G on March 25. All four of her grandparents were with us. Her middle name comes from KC's mom's middle name. I wanted to give G a special name that will remind her and us of 2 very special people. We had a special day with family and friends. I spilled buttermilk syrup on our stove and then it was not working. How was I going to cook my Lasagna? Well we got the oven working at least. It was already a stressful day for KC cause the bishop was gone and he had to give G her blessing and by messing up the oven I added to that stress. Things like that always happen!

No comments: