Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

I know I take forever to blog and I get really behind but in my mind I have to go in order so here we are on Independence Day!

We got to celebrate on the 3rd and the 5th since the 4th happened to be on a Sunday.  Our city had their parade on the 3rd and S and C were both in it!
C was in the water portion of the parade so I stepped back a little.
After the parade we drove down to see my sister at a festival where she was doing some face paiting.  G just loves to get her face painted!!  We were on our way to the Stadium of Fire to see K's absolutely favorite singer Carrie Underwood!!!
Flag formation by all the dancers.
The cute little family.  This family behind us offered to take a picture.  The funny thing is that there are so many times that it's just us and G or CR and everyone thinks that those are our only two kids and then when we say that we have more and their ages they almost pass out in shock that we could be that old.  I love it! Not the getting old part but the looking young part!
Carrie Underwood. It was a wonderful performance I just wished it could have been longer.
K with her friend Brooke singing along.
This is what we did on the actual 4th of July after church.  Just hung out! It was great!
On the 5th we went to Temple Square in the morning.  We had to fit it in before the cousins left.  I think I did a pretty good job with this picture, if I say so myself!
The crazy cousins remember doing this for family pictures 3 years ago and they wanted to do it again.  There's this random pool close to the church office building and the kids love to get their feet wet in there!  We don't know if we are allowed to do it or not but there are no signs that say anything anywhere and no one has ever told us we can't so now it's tradition.  I can just picture President Monson looking out his window and getting a laugh out of it!
In the afternoon we went to see Z since she was doing another festival/face painting close by.  The kids had a blast dancing to Zumba including little Taye.
At the end of the festivitites we got to see the fireworks!
We live in a beautiful country where we are free to do so many things!
Happy Birthday USA

No comments: