Saturday, August 21, 2010

Education Week

I love going to Education Week.  Many times I can't go because there is so much going on the week before school and nothing changed but because K was working at the bookstore and had to drive down everyday I decided to just buy a ticket for the entire week and try and go as much as I could.

Well I ended up going everyday!  And everyday was so amazing!  Some extra fun bonuses were to stop by often between classes to see K at the bookstore, to see my in-laws, and to drive a couple of the ways with my neighbor and friend Ann.

The following are just a few highlights of things that I want to remember:

**Smile all the time! It's the best facelift you will ever have.

**Write down daily promptings in a little notebook so you don't forget them.

**Remember to be thankful for the little things like eyebrows. Without them sweat would roll into your eyes.

**Have specific rules about what can and can't be done online.

**Let your children know you enjoy them!

**Give specific and sincere praise.

**The Lord's standards never change just the world's standards.  Don't look to the world for justification but to the Lord and his church.

**Make scripture study personal and listen with the language of the Spirit.

**Children today have been saved for these latter days.  They have many distractions and opposition.  We as parents can help them by following three rules:  (1)Be a coach, (2) Be a cheerleader, (3) Be a shock absorber.

**Christlike characteristics that as mothers we need to emulate: (1) Faith, (2) Strength, (3) Submission, (4) Hope, (5) Charity, (6) Discernment.

**Remember the Chris Williams story.

**Even when we feel so alone...and that no one cares about us...He (Christ) will be with you!

**Definition of a faithful person:  One that places Christ in the center, one that works toward something and achieves it, and one that abides by moral law.

**Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

**To impart wisdome you must first impart love.

**Give each child a hug and a compliment each day.

**It's not the things in life that matter it's the memories we create!

This is just a small part of my notes.  Just some of the main ideas that I want to always remember.

2 comments:

Kailee said...

Those are good quotes! I like the one about smiling being a good facelift and the one about eyebrows. I've never thought about eyebrows being useful but now I'll never complain about them! :)

zeebee said...

My eyebrows are especially useful because they are so savage!
I was glad to read this post because I keep forgetting to ask you how Education Week went! I glad you enjoyed it. Next year I want to go together again. I hope!