Tuesday, August 23, 2011

NTP -- Day 3 The Savior is Crucified


(This is an actual picture of the location where we filmed the crucifixion.  I found this picture in a news article.)
Day 3 -- TUESDAY AUGUST 23, 2011
THE SAVIOUR IS CRUCIFIED
MATTHEW, chapter 28; MARK, chapter 15; JOHN, chapter 19

 I was asked if I would be available August 23th when they would be filming the crucifixion and also on September 26th when they would film the Savior being scourged through the streets of Jerusalem.  I was happy to do both because that would mean I would that even if I didn’t get another chance to go in between, I at least would have another chance towards the end.
  
Call time for the crucifixion scene was 6:15AM.  The casting office organized a carpool board so that we could carpool if we were interested.  I put my name down and a lady from the Salt Lake area contacted me and I picked her up along the way.  That made my trip much nicer because I had someone to talk to.  It was nice to get to know her.  She has Armenian descent.   By now I knew a few of the women and we all spent a lot of time together talking and getting to know each other. 
They drove us to the set in a van again but this time it was a short drive over.  It was only on the other side of the “New Jerusalem” set.  We could have walked.  When we got there they had us sit and wait while they got ready.  They took us to the bottom of a hill where the procession following Jesus would take place.  The procession included Jesus, Peter, James, John, and the 3 Marys and then it was the crowd which is where I was.  I don’t think I will be recognizable in this scene.  We were to follow them up the hill while they filmed us from the top.  This was a very somber scene.  This did not take very long and then they took us back to the tent. 
We waited in the tent for a long time while they filmed close ups of Jesus and the thieves on the crosses.  We had lunch and then they took us back to the set.  This time they placed us on the ground next to the crosses.  We were followers that had just witnessed the crucifixion.  This was hard to see.  They placed Jesus on a high cross, his makeup looked so real.  He had the crown of thorns on his head and blood on his face.  They also made him look as if he had been scourged as he had the marks on his back.  It was amazing how they made  it look as if he really had nails coming out of his hands, wrists, and feet.  We stood there and had to look up at him.  It was sunny and bright but it was extremely hard to look at him in that situation.  The tears came as I know they would have had I been there that day.  Jesus is my Savior! He sacrificed his life for me. He makes up the difference where I am weak.  Thank you for this touching experience.  To understand better what happened that day.

No comments: