Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NTP -- Day 7 Peter and John Preach and are Arrested


I couldn't find a good picture for this scene either.  This is the closest that I could get.
This is on Solomon's Porch where this scene was filmed.  This is a picture from that the church published.

Day 7 -- TUESDAY OCTOBER 4, 2011
PETER AND JOHN PREACH AND ARE ARRESTED NEAR THE COLONNADE OF SOLOMON’S PORCH
My call time was 6:30am and I got to carpool once again with my friend from Layton.  I knew this would be my last day for sure because they had already told us that this was the last day that they would be using women background players.
By this day I was an old pro actress… well sort of.  There were a lot of extras this day, the most that I saw in all the days that I was on set.  It took me a while to get through hair and makeup so by the time I got out most everyone was on the set.  Some were sitting on the side but then some were already filming.  This was my first time filming by Solomon’s Temple.
They came and got a few of us at a time and placed us all over the porch and patio.  This was a big area and they wanted to film people coming from far to see what was going on.  Peter and John were preaching and we approached to listen.  I wasn’t too far so I still made it in time to listen to them preach.  We did this many times for some reason.  They weren’t catching something just right.  One of the many times that we did it a lady in front of me fainted and so we had to stop filming for that.  The medics came and took care of her and we got a little break from that. 
We had lunch and then we went back on set.  We sat for a while and then they sent half of the extras home and kept the rest of us.  This time we were filming Peter and John being arrested.  We were just the crowd watching in the background.  They were hoping it would rain but it did not so I got to see how they made rain so that they could film.  I was not sure what we were supposed to be doing but they just wanted us to walk on the porch.  We did this a few times and then we got sent home. 
Well this really was my last time on set.  Kind of sad but after talking with many people I was one of the women that was on set more times than most.  The men were needed more so they got more opportunities than the women (as usual).  So I was grateful for the opportunity.  They told us that they would probably film again in the spring and they would let us know.  So now I have something to look forward to!
This experience has been like no other for me.  I got to see up close and personal how filming works.  It takes a long time and you have to do many takes just for a few minutes of footage.  It is very expensive to pay the actors and extras.  But the most important thing that I got from this is that my testimony grew 100 fold.  I got to see some of these scenes as if I was there.  It gave me an opportunity to experience the scriptures and gain more of an appreciation for my Savior Jesus Christ and  for his life and for his sacrifice for me and all of mankind.

I can't wait to see the final product!  The church gave us a background look at the filming.  You can read all about it, watch a video, and look at some pictures here: 
 This is a beautiful picture that is included in the sideshow on the church website.

No comments: