Monday, September 26, 2011

NTP -- Day 5 Jesus Triumphal Entry



For a few weeks I did not get any calls for acting and I felt deprived.  I needed my spiritual high that I got every time I went... and luckily more came on September 21st.  This is what I received:
Following is an outline of our Shooting Schedule as it currently stands.  MOST of the background roles are for ADULTS and TEENS, 16 years or older.  We do need a limited number of children on the days marked in red, but boys must have dark, longer hair that at least covers part of their ears.  Girls must have dark hair at least to their shoulders. *The days marked in RED are the days we will most likely have enough roles for everyone who would like to participate.  The days marked in GREEN are smaller days wherein there will probably not be enough roles for everyone.  Once you express your availability (see below), we will let you know for which days you are booked.
Monday, September 26th*:  “Jesus’ Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem” (Mark 11; Matthew 21; Luke 19; John 12) 8:30AM
Tuesday, September 27th: “The Saviour Encounters a Woman taken in adultery” (John 8:2-11)“The Saviour declares that He is the Light of the World” (John 8:12-14)“The Saviour declares, ‘The Truth Shall make you Free" (John 8:28-39)
Wednesday, September 28th:  “The Saviour Heals a Man stricken with Palsy” (Mark 2:3-12)
Thursday, September 29th*:  “The Saviour is Scourged and Carries His Cross through the street on the way to Golgotha” (Matthew 28; Mark 15; John 19) 9:30AM
Friday, September 30th: “Peter, James and John Heal the Sick” and “Peter and John are arrested (2nd time) by the Beautiful Gate of the Temple” (Acts 5)
Monday, October 3rd:  “Peter and John Heal a Lame Man at the Temple during the Feast of Pentacost” (Acts 3-4)
Tuesday, October 4th*:  “Peter and John preach and are Arrested near the Colonnade of Solomon’s Porch” (Acts 3-4) 6:30AM

(This is a picture of palm fronds because when I got on set everyone knew what they were except for me.  I was all confused that I had never heard this word in my whole life)
(These are the only pictures that I could find.  Not quite the way we filmed it but it's at least a reminder.)


Day 5 -- MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26, 2011
JESUS’ TRIUMPHAL ENTRY INTO JERUSALEM
On Friday September 23rd I got an email booking me for September 26th (The Triumphal Entry).  C also received an email.  On Sunday morning I woke up to an email that asked for G and CR to come filming on Monday also.  That only left S out.  But I emailed them and asked if it was possible for her to come also and they said YES.  So it was a Family trip to Goshen (minus KC and K, they would have loved to be there).
Our call time was 8:30am so that was not bad.  We just had to leave by 6:30am.  We did have to eat breakfast because they told that breakfast would be done by the time we got there.  We were running late (as usual).  We didn’t leave until close to 7:00am.  Then after I got on the freeway I asked the older girls if they had their temple recommends and Sidney did not.  So I called Casey and he met us half way to give it to us.  We were now even more delayed.  We were doing o.k (speeding just a little).  When we were about half an hour away from the set location, we were driving on this small country road; we saw a car go off to the side and dirt fly up in the air.  The car got back on the road so I assumed that everything was fine.  I was passing the car when I realized that the car had two flat tires and it was a young lady driving.  We pulled over in front of her and I went to see if she was ok.
The lady happened to be driving to Goshen.  She went off the road and over corrected but her tires punctured.  I told her that we were going in that direction and offered her a ride.  She parked her car on the side of the road and came with us.  She was so grateful that we happened to be right behind her and that we could give her a ride.  We had just been blessed with another experience that just showed me how Heavenly Father is in control of our lives.  If we had not been running late we would have missed her and who knows if anyone else would bring her to Goshen because we had one of the latest call times.  She kept calling us her guardian angels.  That was a great experience before we even got to the set!
When we got to the set we went to wardrobe, hair and makeup.  This was different for me because it wasn’t just me I had to watch out for the children, mainly Gracie.  They got us all dark and dirty and then we were ready to go on set.  When we got to the set most people were already in place but they took us to the front where Jesus would be coming through.  Little Gracie looked so cute and there was a photographer from the church taking all kinds of pictures of her.  They gave the kids some palm frams to hold and put down before Jesus came in riding the donkey.  I think the donkey was Gracie’s favorite part.
As Jesus came in we were just supposed to be happy to see him.  I would pick up Gracie so that she could see him better and he usually acknowledged her.  Then we followed him as he walked down the street.  How amazing to have this experience with my children.  Nothing could be better to help strengthen all of our testimonies. 
We had lunch and then we went back on set to film the same scene but from a different angle.  It was so nice that we were not out in the sun because that made it so much easier.  Gracie loved playing in the dirt in between each take.
We got released at about 4:00pm.  We drove our friend back to her car and we got home at about 6:00pm. We even picked up pizza for dinner.

A picture of me and the 4 children as Jesus Christ's followers in Jerusalem.  That is us now and it would have been us 2000 years ago.
This picture was published by the church in a news article about the background of the production.  I'm glad I can post this because it's the real thing.  CR is standing next to G.




No comments: