Thursday, September 29, 2011

NTP -- Day 6 The Savior Carries His Cross


(This pictures depicts how we filmed the scene very closely)
Day 6 -- THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2011
THE SAVIOR IS SCOURGED AND CARRIES HIS CROSS THROUGH THE STREET ON THE WAY TO GOLGOTHA
I got to go twice this week.  What a blessing.  My call time was 9:30 and I met with a carpool in Salt Lake. 
I knew this would be an emotional day just knowing what we were going to film. 
We got dressed and ready but they did not call us on to the set until after lunch. We had a long wait but one of the men brought a guitar so those who sang put on a concert for the rest of us.  It was so nice to be there.  It was a beautiful day and we could just enjoy each other’s company with music.  I did not know if this was going to be my last day or not but I was considering it as if it was so that I would not be disappointed.  If it was not my last day then the others would just be a wonderful bonus.
After lunch they took us to the set.  We just lined up the street and got ready for this emotional scene.  I saw Jesus carrying the a heavy cross.  He was dressed in robes that were all dirty, he had blood dripping on his face, and the scourges were visible.  He walked right past me and John the beloved happened to be standing right behind me so Jesus looked over in our direction.  It was so hard to see him like this.  Earlier in the week we had filmed such a happy time and now it was such a somber time.  I felt as if I needed to do everything that I could to make his sacrifice worthwhile for me.  What a sacrifice.  I cannot even imagine.  But this brought it to life for me.  I did have tears in my eyes to see him like this.  The cross was so heavy it took 3 people to carry it back and forth.  During this scene I felt a deep feeling of gratitude but also a commitment to be submissive to God’s will, not matter the personal cost to me, just like the Savior did.
We filmed it a few times and then we were done for the day.  I did meet a lady that is originally from Guatemala but now lives in Houston.  What a strong testimony this lady has!!! I met so many people that are just amazing from all over the world!  Another blessing in disguise. 
I knew this was the last time I would see John Foss (Jesus) so when we were done I went up to him and told him thanked him for being so kind, especially to the children.  I was nervous but I felt that I had to do this because I truly was grateful.  This is how the children will remember Jesus and he portrayed the part very well.  My eyes got all teary and my voice was cracking but I was glad I did it.  He thanked me also.
g

No comments: