Thursday, August 2, 2012

July Fun

July 4th, 2012

July is always a fun but busy month.  KC is a runner but this year CR and I joined him in running the 5K.  This was my first official 5K and it was kind of fun.  I wanted to do it first so I could say I have done a 5K and second because then I would have some motivation to exercise.  KC was going to do the 10K but injured himself and decided to do the 5K instead.  These are the resutls:
KC: #38 overall,  #5 in division,    time = 21.15.8
CR: #88 overall,  #5 in division,    time = 24:12.6
LI: #210 overall,  #17 in division, time = 34:50.8
I know I get crushed by the competition but I did it and I finished (not even last).


 We went home after the race, showered and then went to the parade!  The fun Kaysville parade (mostly advertising but the kids love the candy).  CR was in the parade with student government and S was in the parade with Dance Company.  So we go and we enjoy it!



 My parents love it even more! They wouldn't pass up a chance to be out in the sun supporting their grandchildren!

 It's a full day to say the least... after the parade we go to the park where Z is face painting all day.  C helped her a little bit before we got there with S.  They work.  We just hang out and eat and walk around the park.  It's the new traditional 4th of July Carni Day.



 July 7th, 2012

A fun kids fair at the state fairgrounds.  We can't resist being out in the heat!  That's what summer is fun anyways.  This is cowgirl G!
 On a train ride.

 Hmmm. I'm not sure what CR thinks of this snake?
 G loves the pony rides.
 We were pleasantly surprised to see Ruti and Emil on Saturday night.  They were driving through to a family reunion so they stopped and spent the night and morning with us.  So good to see them! I wish we lived closer to them so we could hang out more often.

No comments: