Friday, August 3, 2012

My Birthday!!!





July 13, 2012

I have a confession to make.  My birthday is always a tough day! I set myself up for failure.  I always have really high expectations of how the day should go but then I just sit and wait for everyone to make it perfect for me.  Well I've recently realized that I can't expect others to make my day fun I have to make it fun for myself.  I can't control others right? But I can control myself and my emotions.

So when my birthday came around and KC was gone to scout camp I was worried that it would be bad day.  (I won't mention what I imagined for my perfect birthday because that doesn't matter.) So I created a fun day for myself without expecting anyone else to do it for me.  It all started when my visiting teachers came and brought me some balloons in the morning, as I was talking to them I told them that I was just going to do whatever fun stuff that I wanted to do.  And they said "that's a good attitude just do whatever you feel like doing since it's your special day after all!"  So I told myself that's what I would do!



Luckily S and G were home.  We went shopping for a little while in the morning.  Then we went out to lunc at the Pizza Place.  C was working but when she got off we went on a girls night out with Z.  We left the kids to be babysat and we went and saw the Katie Perry: Part of Me movie.  It was a good movie.  Just like being at one of her concerts (very entertaining).  The theater was reserved just for the four of us (not really just no one else happened to be there in the afternoon) and we even got to sing to "Grease" (one of my favorite movies btw) before the movie started (to this day I don't know why but I say it was done just for me because it was my birthday.)



Afterwards we met with my parents and had yummy food and dessert at Leatherby's (the best ice cream parlor ever!)

 The best ice cream ever!
 My parents have been celebrating my birthday for years and years (I won't say how many).  But I love them so much and I am so grateful that they are my parents!  They are the best!  I couldn't have asked for better!
 The crazy thing is that they make you stand up and the entire restaurant sings "Happy Birthday!" Sorta embarrassing!  Too much attention for my taste.  But worth it for my free ice cream!

On Saturday KC and CR came home and Ruth and kids came for a visit from Texas.  So on Sunday we had a birthday party for me and Lele (a long time friend).

G was more excited for my birthday than I was so she wanted to decorate my cake.  She got some Disney Princesses to put on top and I loved it!  She took the time to make my day special!






The best thing about my birthday is that I get to spend time with my family!  And according to the "Love Languages" that is how I understand love!  Thanks to everyone who made my day special!

No comments: