Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A New School Year

September 4, 2012

The first day of school is always hard for me.  It's just that it means that my kids are getting older.  This year was specially harder because my baby G is starting kindergarten.

S is a junior this year and she does not think it's too fun to take first day of school pictures.  But I've got to remember these days right?  She is taking Driver's Ed and should be getting her driver's license as soon as she gets 40 hours of driving practice and finishes her personal progress.

 CR is in 8th grade and growing up into an amazing young man.  He is in student government this year and it seems to be a perfect fit for him with his happy, outgoing personality.
 On Sept. 4th kindergartners just went to meet the teacher and complete a treasure hunt to get to know the school.  She was soooo excited to go to school that she was not one bit nervous!

Wednesday Sept. 5th was her official first day of school and boy was she ready!  I wasn't quite as ready!
 Lining up to go in...
 And there she goes... I'm surprised I was able to keep the camera steady.
The only thing that helped distract me was that I was meeting a counselor about a job for the first time and I was going over there right after I dropped her off.  Otherwise I would probably just have gone home and cried.  I just love my kids but they keep growing up (I know it's a good thing but... anyways you know what I mean).

1 comment:

Kailee said...

I like how you called her "baby G"--haha it sounds like a gangster name or something. And I love her first day of school outfit with the cheetah pants...so cute!