Sunday, March 24, 2013

January 2013 Events

I get so far behind and then all I can do to keep up is to write a month at a time.  January is kind of a slower month anyways but these are a few of our activities.

CR with his gymnastics team.  They won second place (I think) as a team.


Just a cute picture.  She's growing up so fast that I just have to throw random pictures in.


S with the simple machine that she built for Physics.  She pulled her first all-nigher.  And she and KC did not like it at all!!! It was a good machine it's just not something that can be left to do on the day before it's due.


At the school where I work.  All of the students had the opportunity to attend the Sundance Film Festival.  We walked all of the students the the Egyptian Theatre and we watched the film "Linsanity".  I thought it was a wonderful show about determination and hard work.


I asked CR on Sunday during family council if he was participating the in the spelling bee at the school the next day.  He said he wasn't going to.  He won 2nd place in district last year and he was happy with that.  Well the next day about lunch time he texts me and tells me that he decided to do the class bee for extra credit and he won so he was going to just participate in the school's bee.  Then he said he wasn't going to do it.  Anyways we went back and forth a few times.  But to make long story short he won the school's spelling bee (second year in a row).


This kid is just an amazing speller!


Record low temperatures make January coldest month since 1949.

Just had to throw that in here because it was so cold for so long and we got so much snow that we had like 5 foot piles of snow from shoveling our driveway.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  Here are a few pictures just to show what the month looked like for us:

Despite storms, Utah snowpack still below average

Despite storms, Utah snowpack still below average


No comments: