Wednesday, August 26, 2009

K goes BYU


Today was a bittersweet day! After weeks of getting K ready for school the day finally came. KC, G and I drove her down this morning. We had a van full of stuff.

Her clothes barely fit. Oh, she had so many shoes!! We then went to the Cougareat to have lunch and up to the bookstore to look at books. Then she had to go to a training at 1:00. So it was time to say goodbye.

The sad thing is that she will not be living at home. She's such a good daughter. I love having her around. I will miss talking to her, and hearing all of her wild and crazy thoughts.

The happy thing is that she is at the best place. Should we say "The Lord's University?" She will have the best time of her life there. I did! She will learn all kinds of things.

She even got the job a the bookstore that she thought she did not get. She just texted me and told me "I love BYU :)! I'm so happy for her!

I forgot to take my camera but maybe that's a good thing. Our eyes would have been a little puffy. We'll get some pictures next time we go see her.

2 comments:

Kailee said...

I miss you so much! But don't worry, I'm having lots of fun! I love it so much here! :)

I have a good life said...

Oh...I was thinking of y'all yesterday! So awesome about the bookstore job. She will LOVE everything about being there. And...she is so awesome that of course she is missed. The house probably feels a little empty. It all goes back to one of my favorite quotes of all time, "The pain now is part of the happiness then." If she wasn't so dang awesome, you wouldn't miss her so dang much. Thank goodness she is close. You and I moved far away to go to BYU.

Hope your class is going well. I think of you a lot.