Friday, August 21, 2009

Keys at BYU

On Monday K and I went to BYU so that she could interview for a few jobs. Afterwards we went and looked at the dorms and the creamery to see what was available there.

When we went in we saw the ice cream and then I remembered that I had the Entertainment book in the car and that there probably was a bogo free coupon. So we went back to the car to look for it, found then and then went back in for ice cream.

When we came back out I could not find my keys. I had left them in the ignition and locked the door. AHHHH!! Why do I always do stuff like this when I am far away! I called KC and he was willing to come down and save me but since his parents were there I told them I would call them to see if they had any ideas. They looked for a hanger, called BYU police, and a locksmith. No hanger in sight. Police said they did not do that. Locksmith said it would be $40.

While waiting for them to come over we were standing by the road when a BYU police car drove by. K timidly flagged him down and he came over to help us. He had tools in his car and got our keys out within a few minutes.

By the KC's parents had come over but we were already solving the problem. What a tender mercy we received that day!! KC's mom said "You must be living right". I don't think that I am living so righteously to deserve as many blessings as I get! But I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that is always watching out for us!

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

What a crazy day! Wow. Did she get a job? Did you eat ice cream while you waited? What a tender mercy! :) Miss you. We talked to C today, but I forgot to ask about K. Did she start school today, too? Oh, not yet, right? Another week or something.