Monday, October 11, 2010

K's 19th Birthday

October 3, 2010

Ahh, this hug explains how we all feel about our K!!! We were so glad to have her home for the weekend and celebrate this special day with her. 

We drove down to pick her up and to eat at Brick Oven. The pizza was yummy and we had a fun time.  It was our family and KC's parents.  We drove two cars so that C could have some driving practice on the drive down.  And there was a lot of traffic and construction so it was a looong drive.

Saturday night we had a girl's night (with CR) while KC and his dad went to priesthood.  We went to Tai Pan and bought some fun stuff and to Target.  Then we met the dad's at Cold Stone for ice cream!

Sunday we watched conference and had K's family party. 

She's obsessed with Carrie Underwood so we got her a pillowcase.

I always make the kids a special cake that they request for their birthday.  This year K wanted either a Carrie Underwood cake or a ballerina cake.  So I combined them all by putting a Carrie Underwood mask on a ballerina on top of the cake.  I thought it was pretty cleaver and I think she liked it!


How luck we are to have parents and grandparents close enough to see them often.

A Mulan Barbie... How old is K anyways?

It was a great party!!!

2 comments:

Candace said...

You really do always make such fun cakes! miss you guys

Kailee said...

Yay!! Thank you for a wonderful birthday! I love my pillow and barbies and that picture of me and my best friend is the cutest. :) love you mama llama! :)