Sunday, April 21, 2013

Easter 2013


March 30-31, 2013



On Saturday morning we went to Smiths (Grocery Store) early in the morning because they were having an Easter Egg Hunt and breakfast.  It wasn't so much an Easter Egg Hunt as it was a Easter Mega Gathering of candy!  There was candy just thrown all over the floor.  G was able to fill her entire bucket and then some.  Even CR got some candy since it was just there.  There were only like 20 eggs per age group and G didn't get one so she was kind of sad for that but she made it up with candy!


We came home and had a real breakfast before we went out again.  G got a bike from the Easter bunny.


Then we went to the city's Easter Egg Hunt and that was like a real Hunt with Eggs and lots of kids out in the field.  It's crazy because all the eggs are gone within 2 minutes with all the kids that participate.


We try to do the Easter Egg Hunt and bunny thing on Saturday so that on Sunday we can focus on the resurrection of Jesus Christ (the true meaning of Easter).  

The older kids have made it tradition to do an Easter Egg Hunt for the younger kids when we get together for Easter Dinner.  I'm never sure if I want to do it because I want to focus more on the Savior but I think the tradition is set that I can't change it.  I guess it's fun and the kids know that it's the older kids hiding the eggs so it's ok.  Either way I wanted to try and tie it to Christ so I put homemade puzzle pieces of the Resurrected  Christ in some of the eggs but it was a flop.  I wanted the kids to find the puzzle pieces in the eggs and put the puzzle together and remember Jesus Christ.  In retrospect, there were way too many puzzle pieces and they curled up inside the eggs and the kids just lost interest.  Next time I'm going to try and buy a puzzle and maybe it would work better.  We learn from our mistakes right??? (Hardest things to learn in life!)

On a side note... G loves her cousin Tay.  She would do anything for him.  It looks like in this picture she is helping him get some more eggs.  I guess since she doesn't have a little sibling she has taken on the job of big cousin.

The "little kids"


 The "big kids" (Disclaimer:  I don't know what happened to Shay but he's right below the big kids and almost out of the little kids anyways.)


The boys (we found Shay :)

The entire family here for Easter dinner.

The 7 B's

C is used to modeling now and she wanted to show off her AWESOME high heal shoes and herself!

Beautiful K!


I didn't get a picture of S but I thought this one was cute!

 The M cousins

Happy Easter! May we always remember Jesus Christ our Savior.  If it wasn't for his sacrifice and resurrection we would never be able to return and live with our Heavenly Father and have eternal families!























1 comment:

I have a good life said...

OH!!! I miss you! Miss you! Miss you!!!! Love you all!