Monday, April 22, 2013

New York City Day 1

Tuesday April 2, 2013

S and I had the opportunity to go to NYC with some of the girls from the High School Dance Company.  There were 5 girls and 5 moms that went.  I am so grateful for a supportive husband that understands the importance of these special bonding times with my daughters.  He takes time off work to be with the other children and doesn't complain about the extra work that must be done when I'm not here.  I love him so much and some day we will take this trip together!

Anyways, we left on Tuesday morning.  We all met at the airport and we were off to NYC!  This is the first of many pictures we took of the five beautiful young women!

Emily, Sid, Tiana, Gibson, & Michelle


We rented a private van to take us to and from the airport.


This was the view from our first room. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis on Times Square.  We had three rooms.  All the girls were in one room and the moms shared 2 rooms.  We ended up switching rooms with the girls so that they would be closer to the moms but that meant giving up our awesome view!
We had tickets to see Newsies on Tuesday and we didn't know where to go for dinner so the girls asked the concierge and they recommended this little Italian Restaurant called "Tratoria Dopo Teatro".  The food was delicious!

Then we had to rush to get to Newsies on time but we made it!  The hard part at first was just getting oriented to which direction to go. After all there were no mountains to tell us east or west?


After the show... one thing we were not prepared for was the cold weather.  I should have know that its always cold in NYC but I guess I was hoping it would be warmer.  

Some of the cast members came out to sign autographs and the girls were in heaven!


I love this picture!  Times Square at night! It was freezing but we had to get some pictures.  We told the girls we would go to the hotel to change and come back out but once inside and we warmed up the moms were too tired to go back out.  Sorry girls.  It wasn't a trick to get you in we were just tired and cold.

It was a wonderful first day in NYC. I had never been there for longer than a day so this was an awesome, fun trip for me.  And to spend five days with my amazing and beautiful daughter was priceless!

One of the moms had a FitBit that kept track of the miles we walked so I will post it at the end of each day.

Amount walked on Tuesday = 3.3 miles

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

Amazing! That sounds wonderful. KC is so great to take time off. You are so great to want to go and to make it work. I have always and will always look up to you as a mom. I think a lot of how I raise my children comes from emulating you! I love you and I can't wait to see you!