Sunday, March 1, 2015

Papi's Birthday Dinner February 2015

Last Sunday we celebrated my dad's birthday. Let me just mention a few things that I love about my dad and memories that will stay with me forever.

When my children were babies he was always the first one to help. He would delay his eating or whatever we were doing to hold a baby so that we could get something done. Not very many grandfathers do that but he did and to me that showed love in action.

When I was young in Guatemala we would often go on walks. I don't really know if it was a walk or if we were really going somewhere but I loved walking and spending time with my dad. I don't even remember the conversations that we had but that time was priceless to me.

We lived in apartments when we first came to the United States and did not have a washer in dryer so we had to go to the laundry area to wash our clothes. It seems like I often went with my dad and helped him fold clothes and put together socks. If you think of it logically that should not be a good memory for me but it was. I think it was because we worked and talked at the same time.

Another good memory is my dad getting up early for a few years to drive me to seminary. We did not have release time and we combined with LDS students from another high school so it was probably a 15 minute drive. But my wonderful father drove me faithfully every day so that I could have that spiritual uplift each morning.

I love my dad so much and I hope that I have some of his good qualities. We celebrated his birthday at their house. I made an orange/pinneapple cake. My dad does not like very sweet cakes and this was a good one.

We forgot to bring candles and so we used a regular candle but he refused to let us take a good picture so this is what I got. Another good trait of my dad is that he is always making us laugh.

Not much else out of the ordinary went on this week: 
We did a FAFSA night at school, 
I went Visiting Teaching, 
KC read a story for the scouts at the Court of Honor, 
CR went to a Teacher/Priest campout,
And CR had Federation for piano.
Just an ordinary busy week.






No comments: