Sunday, March 15, 2015

Tough Week

This was a tough week... the first small reason was because it was daylight savings and we lost an hour. It's hard to go to bed earlier and then it's hard to get up in the morning. It seems like it takes all week to recover!!!

But the main reason why this week was hard for me was because the daughter of my co-worker and friend who was serving a mission in Argentina passed away this week. I can only imagine what pain this would cause to a mother. My heart is hurting. I was talking to my friend on Tuesday and she told me that her daughter was sick. The other companions were sick also but they got better. Brittany was not getting better so they transfered her to another hospital in Buenos Aires. The mom was waiting to her back from the mission president so she left work a little early.

The next morning I found out that mom and dad were on their way to California to get passports so they could go to Argentina to be with their daughter. That night they found out that their daughter passed away. They never even got on a plane so they made their way back home. This was so hard for me to hear. Our entire staff is so sad. What a difficult trial to have to go through!

This is Nicole's post from facebook:

Nicole's testimony of the eternal families is so inspiring to me! As tough as it would be to loose a child during this earthly life, I also know that families can be together forever! I know that Brittany is continuing her mission. Death is not the end. We will live again! Thanks to Jesus Christ we can all be resurrected. We don't know why Brittany or anyone else that dies at a young age but I know that there must be a reason.  I wouldn't want to go through a hard trial like the Skadlock's are dealing with at this time but even knowing that death was a possibility I would never tell my child to not serve a mission if that is what they chose to do. The Skadlock's are an example of faith! I am certain that they will make it through this trial. They will never forget their beautiful daughter Brittany, they will wait until that wonderful day when they will all be reunited as a family! That's what keeps us going throught the difficult trials of this earthly life. The gospel of Jesus Christis the only way back to Heavenly Father and to live happily ever after. We promise to be righteous, keep the commandments, and never give up doing the best that we can in this life. Heavenly Father promises us happiness in the eternities. This is what keeps me going. I love my friend Nicole. I have met all her family including Brittany and they will get through this together. They are loved by many and most importantly by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost will comfort them and anyone that may be going through the difficulties of this life. They love us. Jesus Christ understands our pains! He suffered all and experienced so much in this life. I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints because by being a member and listening to it's teachings, I can learn and re-learn the purpose of life. This knowledge gives me hope! I know that this life is only a small moment of our eternal existence and we must demonstrate that we are strong and we can persevere when things are tough!

This is my simple but strong testimony. I know the church is true! I know families can be together forever! I know Jesus Christ died for us and He loves us! I know life is hard but I know that we can all overcome whaever trials we are given or Heavenly Father would not give them to us! I know that with Christ's help anything is possible!

Hermana Scadlock (continuing her mission in Heaven)

1 comment:

zeebee said...

I hardly ever have a chance to go to anyone's blog but I happened to be on google+ and saw this. What a sad story. I've been thinking a lot about how we have been encouraged to share our testimonies on social media. Even though I am your sister we hardly ever get to hear each other's testimonies and so thank you for sharing. I love you! I'll pray for your friend.