Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mother's Day

As you can see I am playing catch up. That's ok isn't it? As long as I get important events in.


Anyways, about Mother's Day. It was a wonderful day. KC had no meetings so he made me a nice breakfast that morning (As a disclaimer: KC makes me nice breakfasts a lot so it feels like Mother's Day on many days. He is just usually gone on Sunday mornings to meetings now so that was a treat!). The kids were all really nice to me all day also and it was just so nice. The kids also gave me some awesome gifts. K gave me a CD called "Mom's Mix" and she put all of these songs that I like on it. I love it! I know she spent a lot of time on it and I am very grateful. C gave me a framed picture of a blue flower that she painted in art class. It looks very nice, she is a good artist. S gave me a framed picture of a red flower that she did in school and the teacher liked it so much that they framed it and hung it in school for a while but she got it back and gave it to me. She also gave me lots of homemade cards! CR gave me a bunch of coupons for things that he will do around the house for me. And he said that the are reusable as many times as I want!




We went to church and I had spent the previous day working on a poster for Enrichment that I was in charge of to advertise for the activities coming up that week. So I got that posted and had a nice church day. I liked the way it turned out so here it is:









Then we went to SLC and had dinner at Lele's house. We had yummy grilled chicken, potatoes, salad and a wonderful ice cream cake made by KC himself. We opened our gifts and it was a nice evening. G does not seem to like being in other homes, she gets fuzzy whenever we are having dinner at someone else home. I don't know why that is but I am hoping that it gets better soon. She is a happy baby at home!









I love my mom. She is a wonderful example to me of kindness and patience. Although we tend to make fun at some of her silliness I really love her and I feel so lucky to be her daughter. I guess I need to tell her that more often. I know I like to hear it, cause sometimes as women we tend to forget things like that.

No comments: