Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The First Day of School













School started today and the house is very quiet. Gracie is sleeping. K is a junior, I'm worried she will be gone before I know it. C is in 8th grade. S in 6th and CR in 3rd. Thank goodness for my baby that still has a while at home. My SIL gave me the idea to make cookies for when they come home. I think I will.

We all got back to school blessings last night. We have an awesome father and husband. He gave us all the best advice and counsel!

I went to the Elementar School with S and CR for the flag ceremony. Mr Hasset sang the National Anthem and it was very touching. The kids lined up with their teachers and we waved good bye. The first day of school brings with it many mixed feelings.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the photos.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.

The 7B's said...

Thanks. My kids will probably be interested in your book.

I have a good life said...

Back to school is so bittersweet. and K being a JUNIOR! I think you are right and she will be gone before you know it. They grow so fast! G does have a while with you...that is definitely a blessing. Happy cookie making! :)

zeebee said...

I didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday that I LOVE your new family blog. I can't wait to read more about your adventures. We missed you yesterday.

The 7B's said...

Thanks Z. I'm sorry for the mixup! We missed you guys also. The kids were sad, they thought we should still see you guys.