Monday, August 6, 2007

Fourth of July Week


July 1.
Fast Sunday. Dinner at our house. Alex flying stand by from Boston. Stress. Stress. Will he make it? He was traveling alone. The flight from New York to SLC did not look very good. We were all on the phone trying to figure it out. We were worried that he would be stranded in the NY airport all by himself. I don't think he was worried. Just the moms! And then the son of BSU gets on!!!! Cat picks him up at midnight or so. What a relief. Did we even eat dinner that night?

Monday July 2.
Cousins Camp in SLC. We drove down to Liberty Park so the kids could get free summer lunch. We were stressing cause we were cutting it short on time that when I got out the stroller from the trunk I set down my purse (with my keys in it) and after I had everything out including my purse I closed the trunk and then I relized that my keys fell out and they were still sitting there in the trunk. JOY. We had lunch. Played in the water. KC had to drive down and save me. I love him so much for being so willing. Even though he drove down in 100 degree temperature and no air conditioning.
Then we went to Z house to have water games and decorate matching t-shirts for all of the cousins. It took us a little longer than planned. We were there until 9:30pm. We took a break and went to eat at Del Taco. What would we do without Z planning these fun things for us.

Tuesday July 3.
I don't remember. I think we went shopping for picture clothes. We had a BBQ and fireworks with our neighbors from the cul-de-sac.

Wednesday July 4th.
Independence Day. "And I am pround to live in America, where at least I know I'm free...." We were almost all together. We went to the Kaysville parade thinking it was at 10:00 but it was at 11:00 so we came back home. KC and the kids went back but I stayed home with G. Cat and A did not want to go to begin with. We were waiting for the Texas F's to show up. My parents came also. We were only missing the BSU. After deciding to go get chicken at Smith's (typical F picnic meal). Some decide to get Subway. We went to a park across the street. We ate in the shade but still over 100 deegrees. We talked, took pictures of the cousins in their matching t-shirts, ate, and played some games. It was a fun relaxing time. We did stress about D getting on the flight but of course he is BSU so we knew he would get on.
Afterwards the girls (C, Z, R, K and I, and baby J) went shopping. Why not? We needed to bond. The clothes for the pictures have been driving us batty for the past few months.
We went to a BBQ at the Foutz. They were wondeful to have us all over! We ate and then we went to fireworks at the park. We have been celebrating the 4th of July with the Foutz for a long time now and I am glad my family was willing to go so we could keep up with tradition.

For more information on the events of the week read my SIL's blog at http://ihaveagoodlife.blogspot.com/2007/07/trip-day-5-july-4-pickup-dh-picnic.html . She is much better at blogging than I am.

Thursday July 5.
Family Pictures. First of all D made it in at about 1:00am. So we are all together!!! We drove to SL for the well anticipated event. It was extremely hot but it was worth it. We took a million pictures. I had to feed G at the very last second to make her happy. Afterwards we went to lunch at a Chinease Buffet. We had our own room, thank goodness since there were so many of us. Then we went to Temple Square for a while and saw the Joseph Smith movie. We came home and made tacos for dinner. KC's parents and brother and family were here for the baptisms on Saturday so now we truly had a full house.

Friday July 6.
We went to Park City and did some shopping. J&R went to Provo. B's went to SLC. When we came home we all met up together and the adults went out to dinner. We went to Cafe Rio. Then we found out that the pictures did not turn out that great because the sun was too bright and if we wanted a nice picture we should do them again. What??? Shower, dress, and get ready all over again?? This caused some problems but we had to do it, when else would we all be together? So that was the main topic of conversation that night. C, R, J and I stayed up getting food ready for the luncheon and KC and D stayed up getting the slideshow ready for the baptism. We laughted as we worked and told the kids sleeping in the family room to be quiet! How fun.

Saturday July 7.
The Baptism Day. What a wonderful day it turned out to be. We had been discussing doing this for over a year and it finally happened. We had 24 people staying at our house and we all had to be ready before 11:00am. We did it! The baptism was wonderful and so memorable. We took place in the Sunset Stake Center. Out previous stake. Afterwards we all drove down to our ward building and had a luncheon there with many friends and family. Then we had to get ready for pictures again. This time we went to Temple Square and the setting was just beautiful and the pictures turned out much better. Then out to ice cream at Ben and Jerries at the Gateway. Ice cream not too great. Company was awesome. Our time together was coming to an end and we were becoming sad.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

YES! We did it. I think that you and I just have to force all the non-planners into submission and then they will all love it. Everything was well worth it to be there. I miss you so much. And..I don't remember if I blogged it, but I had a great time that night we stayed up laughing, quieting the kids, and preparing food. That was actually one of my most treasured moments....it is times like those that really bring you close. love ya.