Monday, January 28, 2008

Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley, Prophet, Seer and Revelator


Our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night. We had had a very busy Sunday and we were conluding the day with the dedication of our new church building. KC, K, and C sang in the beautiful choir. Elder Garff of the 70's came to offer the dedicatory prayer. It ended at about 7:30 and then CK and I had to go talk to a member of the stake presidency about Trek. When we came home the kids said that uncle Jefre had called from Florida and they had turned on the TV and there it was. His passing is bitter sweet. It is sad to see him leave and yet I think on his life and his wonderful example to us and it makes me happy. I am sure he is happy to join his wife once again.


A few of my favorite ideas from him are "Try a little harder to be a little better" and his 6B's that later became 9. This is where I got the idea for the title of our blog "The awesome 7 B's". We used that for our Christmas names this year. In hopes that we will remember these qualities.


G = Be Grateful,

CR = Be Smart,

S = Be Clean,

C = Be True,

K = Be Humble

KC = Be Prayerful

L = Be Positive

All = Be Involved

extra = Be Still


While Pres. Hinckley was on his mission and was a little down. His father told him "forget yourself and go to work". This gives me encouragement and helps me remember that it's better to give than to receive.

When asked his idea on how to have a long happy marriage he said: "Love your spouse just a little more than you love yourself" What great advice!!

He started the building of so many temples, one of which we just toured last week. "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet to guide us in these latter days"!

I have too many great memories. When he first became prophet I read his biography and it gives me such a good example to follow. For more information on his life go to : http://www.ksl.com/?sid=&nid=520.

2 comments:

zeebee said...

I love all his good advice.
Thanks for calling us with the news. and What Christmas names?

I have a good life said...

He was such an inspiring man to young and old. He will be missed. I'm sure you probably read it, but there is a really neat poem at TXMommy's blog about him running to Marjorie. You would enjoy it.