Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sister's Fireside


AKA Visiting Teaching Conference. We planned it as a fireside in the hopes to get more sisters to attend. When people hear VT they think they will be lectured on VT and they don't come. It was lots of work but well worth it.

I did speak on visiting teaching and shared a few experiences. We had a few other sisters share their experiences also. To end the night I wanted to give them a little gift to take home. I thought of giving a CD with music from the fireside. But I could not buy the rights to give everyone the song so I did a slideshow of Christ with the music to "His Hands" being sung by a sister in our ward. We had to record the song. Thanks to KC for that, and then we had to copy CD's for 160 sisters in the ward. The whole thing was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong there. We still did not get as many sisters there as we would have liked but there was enough.

I am thankful for the opportunity to serve in various capacities because no matter what calling I have I always learn a lot!

3 comments:

I have a good life said...

Yahoo! You posted! :) I am sure the fireside was amazing. You are so talented.

zeebee said...

Wow, you really did blog, I thought your were lying. j/k
I still think of sibling sisters when I hear the "sister's fireside" so each time I am like, when did we go to a sister's fireside, I didn't go to that and I am her only sister!" Sounds like it was a huge production, you did an awesome job. Now we can add record producer to kc's long list of talents!

Kailee said...

You worked so hard on that whole thing but it turned out great. Well, the recording did anyways, not so sure about the fireside since I couldn't go...jk :)