Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Going Home (Maybe?)

Because of the crazy way that I got to Guatemala, I had a different flight on the way home also. So my parents and K left before Derick, Alex and I. We dropped them off at the airport and then had a couple of hours to do whatever.




We got lucky and found a "POPS" ice cream shop. This was always a childhood favorite for both Derick and I!!

We didn't know what else to do so we went to the airport and did a little shopping there. Malox did not think this was too much fun.
View from the plane.


Then I was on my way home. Well so I thought.... The flight was just fine till I got to Miami and had to go through immigration. They checked my passport and I was told to go stand in a line. From there they had about 5 of us follow an officer. I had no idea what in the world was going on???

They took me into a room where a bunch of people were just sitting looking bored to death. I waited and no one said anything. There were signs posted all over the place that no cell phone use was allowed. In the meatime my parents, K, and Jef were waiting for me to come out and they were calling me too.

Every once in a while they said that if you missed your connecting flight you would just be put on the next one. I asked a lady sitting next to me if she knew what we were doing there. She said that every time she travels internationally she gets put in this room because she has a common name.

Finally, after about 45 min.they called me up to the counter and asked me a bunch of questions. They told me that they are looking for a person with my same name but after some background check they found out that it wasn't me so I was free to go. Ay, Ay, Ay!

Then I still had to find my luggage!!

Well, after all that I finally met up with the group. Jef had a nice dinner ready for us and then took us to Miami Beach for a little while. He is the best host ever!



This is K at JFK in NYC with ther purple luggage!! I bet she had a good trip by the look of things.

No comments: