Sunday, May 24, 2009

La Capilla



Sunday is a fitting day to write about our Sunday in Guatemala. My mom told us that church was at 8:00am in our old building, none of of believed her of course. But we went at that time anyways, cause of course my dad thought being there an hour earlier would be wonderful. We get there and we find out that church is normally at 8:00 but because it was Stake Conference it would not be starting until 10:00. So my mom was right. We have to give her credit!!

But then what do we do. Wait till 10:00? That's precious vacation time when we wanted to go to Antigua later in the day. Well, we decided to go to a different building across town in a different stake so that we could go to church at 9:00.


Before that we walked around the building and took some pictures. The Spirit was so strong here and I felt so blessed to have the gospel in my life!

This was a special building also since it was the building where my mom first came to church and where my parents met and attended for a while. As we were walking into the building my mom shared with me something that was very special. She showed me a hallway and said that this is where she first walked into the building with the missionaries and as they walked down this hallway she heard beautiful singing coming from a classroom or somewhere. At this moment for her the Spirit touched her very strongly and she KNEW that this was the correct church on the earth and she wanted to find our more about it so that she could join. She got emotional and so did I. To be in a place that has changed so many of us! And to share this special place with my mother and my mother. I can't put into words how special this was.


We went into the sacrament room and it was so wonderful. No one knew us, yet so many people came and greeted us. The meeting was exactly the same as it would be in the US except for the fact that it was in Spanish.


After that, we went back to the previous building and listened to a little bit of the stake conference, just as they were sustaining a new Stake Presidency. My parents knew some of the people and I know it was a special moment for them. We wanted to stay longer but really had no time.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

I love the pictures and I love the posts! I especially love it that you were all in that building with Mami where she first learned the gospel was true. What a great life-changing event!