Sunday, January 20, 2019

Guatemala - Chiquimula and Drive to Mariscos - July 25, 2018

We spent the night in Antigua for the second time. This time was just over night cause the next day we had a long drive. The house we stayed in was really nice, we wished we would have stayed longer.

Kailee braiding Gracie's hair

Getting everyone ready to go!


We had to park the van in a parking lot because it didn't fit in the parking of the house

For some reason I had to take pictures of Colegio Italiano each time we drove past it.

Ellie's turn to do her presentation.

We had the adults do a memory of when we lived/visited Guatemala. I told the story of killing cockroaches outside our house. Aghh I don't like to think about it.


Casey's turn. I should have written down what these memories were cause now I can't remember.

Driving to Chiquimula

It has grown a lot since we used to visit as children

Otto told us some memories of when he lived in Chiquimula. He told us how he was so poor and they couldn't even afford shoes. And how he used to help his mom when she told tortillas. 


This is the area where Otto's house was. I remember visiting it. It had rooms around a courtyard. A couple were bedrooms and a kitchen. It was very humble and basic but I have happy memories of visiting there. One thing that I very clearly remember from there was a dream when we spent the night. In my dream I was sleeping on a bed and I woke up and at the foot of the bed stood Jesus Christ (I thought it was Jesus Christ at least because it was very bright around him) and I don't remember if he said anything but I remember feeling His love for me and His desire for me to return to my Heavenly Home. 



We left Chiquimula and while we were on the road on the way to Rio Dulce, we saw a stand on the side of the road and they were selling mameys Ahhhh I love mameys and I have never seen them in the US so we had to stop and get some


Cedric doing his presentation

And Jarom

We made it to Mariscos. A little town where we would catch our boat to Denny's Beach. We even made it before it got dark.

We didn't know how to get a hold of the people that were picking us up and the place where we parked the van last time was fenced off and locked so we couldn't get in. The owner came out and told us we couldn't park there! Hmm

Here are the guys talking to the angry owner


Well after the whole mess of finding our ride and the angry owner we finally got on our boats to the island in the dark again!

No comments: